Connections

by Jennifer on February 13, 2008

I want to say thank you to everyone for contributing your favorite quotes yesterday. You’ve given me some excellent additions to my collection!

Now on to other business…

The lovely Miss Jane at byJane tagged me for this meme, and in the same spirit I will pass it on. Here’s what to do:

• Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
  • Post these instructions on your blog.
  • Post 7 random or weird facts about yourself on your blog (the weirder the better, if you ask me).
  • Tag 7 people and link to them even if you think they won’t do it.
  • Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged and hunt them down if you have to.

The first factoid: I once held the door open for Mike Wallace at Grand Central Station. I’m certain he remembers this.

Unvarnished truth #2: In 2005, I played in the World Series of Poker main event in Las Vegas, finishing around 700th out of 5600, (unfortunately) just 140 spots out of the money. ESPN showed my face for about 1.9 seconds in their coverage of the event.

Knock your socks off fact #3: I can tie a cherry stem in my mouth.

Undeniable fact #4: When I was 15, I competed in a bicycle race and received a 3rd place trophy. There were three entrants.

I-wish-this-was-made-up fact #5: In 5th grade, everyone had to give a presentation to the class as though he/she was a news anchor. We were to begin by saying, “Good evening,” and stating our name. I was really, really nervous, and when it was my turn, what came out of my mouth was this (I should tell you here that my maiden name was Schmitt): “Good evening, my name is Jennifer Shit.” The class erupted with laughter, and I am certain I had never seen my teacher laugh harder.

Amazing but true fact #6: My desk is always cluttered.

The truest truth #7: After almost 40 years, I still cannot decide which I prefer more–to watch the moon rise, or set.

Tag, you’re it! (but I’m too lazy to run very fast): Slow Panic, flutter, madness, madness I say!, Slouching Mom, Vintage Thirty, Reality Testing, and Marlee’s Rant.

Slow Panic February 13, 2008 at 5:43 pm

oh good. now i don’t have to work this afternoon — i’ll do the meme instead.

ByJane February 13, 2008 at 6:23 pm

considering that one of my seven had to do with my frequent bouts of “boredom and bitchiness,” you are most kind to describe me as “lovely.”

liv February 13, 2008 at 7:07 pm

ummm…..girl. i love you, but i’m going to pass. if you like, i will email you links to the posts in which i have done this at least 3 times before. you know, because I KNOW you are so very interested. seriously? what doesn’t anyone who reads me know about me? LOL

flutter February 13, 2008 at 7:34 pm

oooooh, you scurvy seawench. YOu tagged me for a meme.

You and I share #3 in common…

Jennifer February 13, 2008 at 8:49 pm

flutter, you say scurvy seawench like it’s a bad thing. As for #3? We rock.

Liv, no pressure, really. I’m not even a part-time member of the blog police.

slow panic, ditto. You’re off the hook.

Jane, your friend didn’t mean those as a compliment? 🙂

Jen February 13, 2008 at 9:47 pm

Jennifer Shit the Famous Bicycler. That’s some funny “shit” right there 🙂

Kellan February 13, 2008 at 10:26 pm

The Poker thing was fascinating – I don’t know the first thing about how to play poker. This was fun – see you later. Kellan

HRH February 13, 2008 at 11:16 pm

You are officially the coolest person I know…700 is amazing!

Brenda February 13, 2008 at 11:53 pm

You need to “get over” #5. I was there (I had to be, right?), and I only BARELY remember this and only because you mentioned it. I’m sure I was one who was laughing hysterically (sorry!), as was my brother and your sister, but honestly, we don’t remember these things anymore! You have been much more interesting (in a good way) since then!

And of course Mike Wallace remembers. How could he forget someone exuding with such charm?!

As for #3, I can do some amazing things with my mouth, but that would certainly not be on the list! Lucky Mr. H!!!!!

Ducky February 14, 2008 at 1:28 am

I suppose I had to be there, too, but I have no memory of it. In fact, it seems we don’t really remember each other in the Big Room.

Marlee February 14, 2008 at 4:30 am

Hey, thanks for the tag! Your act will be a hard one to follow–you are HILARIOUS!!! 😉

Meg February 14, 2008 at 1:21 pm

Wow…the cherry stem thingee….wow…YOU are “da” woman, lol!

Melissa February 14, 2008 at 4:52 pm

A poker player. I AM impressed.

Tootsie Farklepants February 14, 2008 at 5:54 pm

I’m laughing that your TEACHER was laughing! LOL!

Thanks for the tag….? It’s in the queue!

Jennifer February 14, 2008 at 5:58 pm

I should mention that this was a church school, too. Not that that matters when spewing forth swear words, even accidentally.

slouching mom February 14, 2008 at 10:32 pm

I like you, jennifer h.

I’m on hiatus for a bit, but I’ll put this meme aside for later on.