*If I could Twitter the best things running through my head today…

by Jennifer on May 6, 2008

There’s another live version I like even better than this one, but I couldn’t find it online. I love Jack Ingram.

_________________________________________________

You Will Hear Thunder

You will hear thunder and remember me,
And think: she wanted storms. The rim
Of the sky will be the colour of hard crimson,
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

That day in Moscow, it will all come true,
when, for the last time, I take my leave,
And hasten to the heights that I have longed for,
Leaving my shadow still to be with you.

Anna Akhmatova

___________________________________________________

Boy telling me this morning in the car line at school: “You’re the best mommy a kid could ever have.”

___________________________________________________

*You’d be asleep right now if I actually used Twitter. Am I the only one who doesn’t get the appeal of it?

For anyone who’s wondering (as I sort of am), according to Twitter.com, “Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?”

Lisa May 6, 2008 at 12:41 pm

What a sweetie!
Great song–still clueless on the whole twitter thing 😉

Sandy (Momisodes) May 6, 2008 at 1:48 pm

Oh that is music to any mom’s ears 🙂 So sweet! Love the song too.

AMomTwoBoys May 6, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Awww…remind him of that when he’s 16.

Carolyn May 6, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Lovely twitter. Especially Boy’s words. Isn’t that the best??

Ranch Mommy May 6, 2008 at 3:39 pm

I live for those days!!

Mrs. Chili May 6, 2008 at 5:40 pm

I don’t get Twitter, either.

The other day, Punkin’ said something about my being a really good mommy. After the day we had, it was a really nice thing to here. Here’s hoping she continues to think that….

TEOM May 6, 2008 at 6:20 pm

Take that moment in the car line and stick it in your back pocket. It is gonna come in handy one day.

apathy lounge May 6, 2008 at 7:24 pm

I’ve got a Twitter account, but I don’t even have the first clue how to gather Twitter friends. They seem to find me, but I’m totally lost. I don’t really see the appeal either. I’ve got my blog and a Facebook account. I think I’m set.

JCK May 6, 2008 at 9:50 pm

Me! Me! I’m NOT all ATwITTER. Good GOD, I would lose my 20 readers in seconds if I started blasting my thoughts into Twitter space.

What your boy said…the best EVER.

Love the song. And the poem with the vivid images.

flutter May 6, 2008 at 10:55 pm

ok, seriously. Your kids rock

McSwain May 6, 2008 at 11:26 pm

So cool when kids say things like that. And great music, gorgeous poem. The poem reminds me of Mihail Lermontov’s “The Cliff,” which I sang to music both in Russian and in Russia once upon a time. These people, they know poetic imagery.

As for Twitter, I don’t get it either. Seriously, why would anyone want to know what I’m thinking or doing all the time? Geez, I have enough trouble sensoring my thoughts with the people who have to put up with me in person. I agree with apathy lounge–my blog and Facebook are enough.

Daryl E May 7, 2008 at 5:39 am

Okay I will admit it .. I dont even know what twitter is!

Suzanne May 7, 2008 at 8:25 am

i have absolutely no idea what twitter is.

liv May 7, 2008 at 10:47 am

i’ve killed off facebook in favor of twitter because it’s immediate and it is nice to be part of a conversation in the middle of the day for brief moments. it’s like IM without the awkwardness of saying you no longer want to chat.

Angela May 7, 2008 at 1:20 pm

I use twitter for work purposes and love it. For example, if I have a room full of teachers who are looking for a great way to teach the parts of speech (or something else), having immediate access to the collective intelligence of a hundred other teachers is a pretty cool thing. Someone always answers and shares out a great solution for whatever professional problem I”m facing. I love it ; )

HRH May 7, 2008 at 7:22 pm

I tried it for a few days and it was too much pressure. I felt like my answer to the question had to be profound or funny. I CAN’T HANDLE THAT KINDA PRESSURE ON A MINUTE TO MINUTE BASIS. And then I kept getting like 1/100th of a conversation because I was following only 1/100 people conversing which makes you feel like a pimply teenager at the wrong lunch table. Ugh. I give up. Email, phone, stop by, leave a comment…whatever…we can talk in more than 140 characters.

Tootsie Farklepants May 7, 2008 at 9:34 pm

I admit I’m addicted. It’s like blogging in 140 characters or less. Some of the things I read are hilarious!

Candy May 8, 2008 at 7:29 am

I don’t get Twitter at all. All it does is steal the thoughts I could later post about. It’s a post-thief.

Just Jamie May 8, 2008 at 10:15 am

I love this. sweet, sweet song. And give the Boy a hug for that one, maybe even a brownie.

Burgh Baby’s Mom got me into Twitter last week. I’m clueless. Wish I had it in me to figure it out actually, because I see the beauty in whipping your friends one line at a time. 🙂

Shauna May 9, 2008 at 7:50 am

I tried the twitter thing and I just couldnt get into it. I dont have much of a life…BUT I will go out on a limb and say my life is way to busy to twitter it.

andi May 9, 2008 at 9:07 am

I may have to steal this idea as I am avoiding Twitter at all costs. I already have enough online distractions.