How I spent my morning…
- Contributed twice to the Starbucks corporate bottom line.
- Inhaled the most perfect of smells…a house cleaned by someone who was not me. The hour I spent picking up the house well enough so that they could clean is forgotten now – like the pain of childbirth. And the similarities don’t end there…in both cases I found myself saying things like how did I let this happen? why is it taking so long? and give me the damn drugs…
- Experienced a moment of clarity about how to fix the opening of my novel. (Now, the mother doesn’t die…why let her off the hook like that? Keeping her alive throws open the rest of the story.)
- Argued back and forth with myself about whether I should say something to the Sunday School teacher who told my son yesterday that Cereal X (which Boy had mentioned having for breakfast) is “harmful to your body, and one of the worst things you can eat.” I happen to know that this teacher is very, very health-minded (very), but is it really her place to tell my son that what I allowed him to eat for breakfast (which, in my opinion is somewhere in the middle of the pack of breakfast cereals, and I don’t even buy it all that much) is harmful to his body? Is it her place to pass judgment on what I feed my kids? Or am I over-reacting? Please advise.
- Reached no clear decision re: What’s for dinner tonight?
- Did I mention that my house is mostly sort of picked up and clean?
(who doesn’t love Anne Taintor?)