At the last possible moment (or close)

by Jennifer on March 3, 2009

…I remembered that Audrey at Barking Mad (a new favorite) is hosting a contest on her blog, with a $250 Target gift card as the prize.

Well, since it’s well known that I should just hand over $200 right when I walk inside Target (which is why I don’t go there so much these days), I can’t resist this contest.

Especially since I love the idea behind it.

Here’s what to do. Choose 5 to 10 of your favorite posts – read her post about the contest for all the directions – and write a post in which you include links to your favorite posts (like I’m doing here). Then go to her place and leave your link, which is your entry into the contest.

Lots of linky (I typed that wrong at first…you figure it out) love, and a great way to get to know other bloggers, by reading their own favorite posts.

Here are some of mine, in no particular order:

Answer

Light

Rooms With a View

The Cowboy Way

Be Careful

Elements

Lucky

You’ve got until today (March 4) at 10:30 pm EST to enter, so hurry!

______________________________________________________________

One more thing…

Now this is a bonus, and you just have to believe me when I tell you that you have to check something out. Another of my favorites, Jessica at Bern This, created a series of (hilarious) webisodes called BernThis.com. I love her blog, and this series proves just how funny she is.

Louise March 3, 2009 at 8:02 pm

How fun! I hope you win!!

Catherine March 3, 2009 at 9:50 pm

That IS a great contest…thanks for spreading the word!

JCK March 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm

Go, Jennifer! All of your faves are gems!

tysdaddy March 4, 2009 at 5:30 am

I’m in the middle of midterms, so there’s no time for contests. Just wanted to thank you for your links, though. I get to dig into the archives of your site and find something of substance in the midst of the chaos that is my week . . .

Manic Mommy March 4, 2009 at 5:54 am

Go Jennifer! $250.00 at Target goes right to the heart of every mommy!

Madge March 4, 2009 at 6:46 am

if only i hadn’t deleted all my posts….

Gypsy March 4, 2009 at 7:03 am

I can’t even go to Target anymore. The economy and my wallet forbids it. But, oh, the wonder of it all.

Green Girl March 4, 2009 at 8:43 am

Good luck! I shall click over to read.

Daryl March 4, 2009 at 11:47 am

I wish I could enter but alas .. our IT dept is busy at work recreating my hard drive AGAIN.. I picked up a nasty virus/spything at someone’s ad laden blog – NO not your’s – and after a whole day of futzing they decided a new drive was necessary … well … lets just say I refuse to deal with Window 2007 .. so they’re re-building … sigh .. I am lucky I can even access a blog to read/comment … have I mentioned how I hate MS?

jenrantsraves March 4, 2009 at 1:15 pm

Thanks for letting me know about this. I’ve been wanting to post some of my favorites for a while now, but this gave me an excuse! Sorry, I didn’t post to you. By the time I did all those links and the badge I was exhausted! My son just woke up but I will come back later and read all yours. Hope you’ll read mine when you get time.

Jennifer Harvey March 4, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Will do, Jen

jenrantsraves March 4, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Wanted to let you know “Be Careful” isn’t showing up. I read the others. Your writing really resonates with me, and inspires me to spend more time on my posts. I am always excited to see a new post of yours, and I hope that someday you get the recognition you deserve.

Jen, thanks for letting me know about the link – and thank you so much for saying such lovely things. xoxo

Jessica March 4, 2009 at 8:02 pm

thanks so much for the plug.

Momisodes March 5, 2009 at 11:51 am

I definitely remember some of these. Turns out that ‘Lucky’ is one of my favorite posts here, too 🙂
$250 at Target is awesome! One of my favorite stores. Hope you win!

p.s. Love Jessica’s clips. She’s hilarious.