Don’t try to pretend you don’t get it

by Jennifer on March 9, 2009

Kyran posted these two videos on Facebook yesterday, and I’d be no kind of friend worth having if I didn’t share them. I’m good to you, admit it.

This one (PG version) made me laugh.

But this one? Well, just watch…(still laughing).

(PG-13, so if your kids can read, tell them to scoot. You know, nicely. Of course.)

Told you.

P.S. Watching these yesterday was the first I had heard about this book (True Mom Confessions: Real Moms Get Real), but I’ll check it out when it reaches bookstores in early April. If these previews are any indication, we should hope for refrigerator magnets to go with it.

Mrs. Chili March 9, 2009 at 4:47 am

This has the feel of PostSecret about it. I think the reason PS is so popular (and why, I suspect, Mom Confessions will be a hit) is because we ALL think those sorts of things; the important thing is that most of us don’t do any MORE than think about them…

Cath March 9, 2009 at 5:48 am

Funny – but I gotta admit some of them are shocking! Yeah I get it – but stealing from one child and blaming the other? Making money as an escort? Wanting to wean to get stoned?

Wow.
But I definitely shouted at my kids while I am reading. Blogs or books. Definitely. ;0)

Treasia/TruckersWife March 9, 2009 at 5:58 am

Those cracked me up. Ok, i’ve been known a time or two to raid the kids piggy banks, but never blamed it on one of the other children. I took the rap for it and then paid them back with interest. They like when I rob (steal ) from them. LOL.

Gotta get back to daydreaming about what I am going to do with all my insurance money someday.

Manic Mommy March 9, 2009 at 6:29 am

That was funny! The game show music was the perfect sound track. You have seen Secret Spineless Whine, right? Same concept often as funny: http://secretspinelesswhine.blogspot.com/

Madge March 9, 2009 at 6:37 am

stop reading my journal

Daryl March 9, 2009 at 6:48 am

Oh I dont think you need to be a mom to get this … or do these things .. not saying anymore.

Peggy March 9, 2009 at 6:51 am

Those were hilarious! Can’t wait for the book!

Hilary March 9, 2009 at 6:54 am

They are funny.. in a disturbing sort of a way.

V-Grrrl March 9, 2009 at 9:52 am

Some wives get paid for blo w jobs?

And totally laughing over the mom who can’t wait to wean her child so she can get stoned–such the juxtaposition of responsible mom behavior and rebellion.

V – I know, right? (P.S. I added a space in there, between the o and w so I don’t get interesting search results. Not that I don’t already, from the time I wrote about a book called How Babies Are Made. I had no idea it would be so popular. 🙂

Green Girl March 9, 2009 at 10:28 am

Oh so funny! I thought I was the only one who fantasized about widowhood.

Jenn @ Juggling Life March 9, 2009 at 10:55 am

That blaming it on the older daughter thing is the lowest of the low. That’s why I always put in IOU’s–so if I forget I took it they’ll know it was me!

Grandy March 9, 2009 at 9:45 pm

HA!!! 😉 Thanks for the laugh! I’ll have to watch for this one too. 🙂

flutter March 9, 2009 at 11:31 pm

ha!

tysdaddy March 10, 2009 at 7:36 am

Is it a bad sign when you watch this with your wife and she starts laughing . . .

Coco March 10, 2009 at 12:52 pm

BWAH! This was hilarious. OK, my favorites were the one about bringing the vibrator into the WF parking lot and the one about the woman fantasizing about leaving her husband for a woman.

fancy feet March 10, 2009 at 1:34 pm

This is too funny! I’m going to get my husband to read this. He’ll love it.

we_be_toys March 11, 2009 at 8:42 am

Wow – I’m thinking I won’t be allowed to put any of those magnets up on the fridge!

introspection March 11, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I am still laughing. Thanks for sharing.
But I am also thinking…!
First : the husbands are going to get a shock knowing the tru confessions…they always thought they were in command of everything. This puts a damper.
Second: I am sure the author of this book (if he is not a male), is putting together ‘tru confessions of a dad’ although most people know them by now..!!!

Third: I do believe some of the confessions are over the top. who can steal from one child & blame the other? I can think of stealing from my husband and keep blaming him that he forgot where he spent. it works,.

romi March 11, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Hey there – THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING and all these great comments!!! So glad everyone enjoyed it and oh please share with you friends. Have a new video with real mom confessions on video….come to truumomconfessions.com to take a peek!

-romi

Indigo March 12, 2009 at 5:31 pm

I’m buying a ton of these magnets if they come out. It’s a grand idea! I’ll have to check out the book when it comes out. (Hugs)Indigo